Tomato, Fresh Fig, and Gorgonzola Salad
Adapted from The New York Times
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 large or 2 small ripe tomatoes, about 8 ounces, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh figs, cut into quarters
- 1 ounce crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Black pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and salt. Whisk in oil.
- 2. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast pine nuts, shaking the pan occasionally, until light golden, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Spread tomato slices on a large plate. Scatter fig quarters and pine nuts over tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese and thyme, drizzle with dressing and finish with pepper.